Pea Shoot Stir Fry
- Pea Shoots
- Garlic to taste - minced
- Ginger to taste - minced or sliced (optional)
- Soy Sauce
- Heat a wok or pan up nice and hot.
- Toss in a bunch of garlic and ginger (optional) and then a whole mess of Pea Shoots or Sunflower Greens (see note).
- Stir fry vigorously for a minute or two.
- Add some soy sauce in the last 20-30 seconds. Keep stirring.
- Serve straight up or over something.
Potato Sprout Salad
- Make potato salad.
- Sprinkle or pour sprouts on top.
Crispy sweet "baked" onions with a creamy, cheesy, sunflower seed sauce that mimics the flavor of cheddar? Yes, please! This is another incredibly creative recipe by Callie England that will satisfy those cravings for any snacky, cheesy, savory, oniony type foods. Says Callie, "These crispy onions are a great addition to salads and soups. Plus, they will store beautifully in the freezer, so make extra and you'll have them for quite some time." They are crunchy, light, and oh so yummy!
- 3 lbs onions (Callie used purple)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 3 to 6 hours
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. tahini
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Sea salt to taste
- Slice onions about 1/4 -1/2 inch widths. Set aside.
- Sauce: In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Prep: Pour sauce over onions and mix until well coated. Place onions on a teflex dehydrator sheet, or a baking sheet
- Dehydrate for at least 24 hours until crispy. If baking, use lowest temperature and bake until crispy.
- 2 Tbs. corn, peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pepper (any or all colors) - chopped
- 2 (or more) tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cups Fenugreek Sprouts - chopping optional
- salt to taste
- Liquid Cornstarch:
1 tsp. cornstarch mixed into 1 tsp. water
- In a wok or large frying pan heat the oil.
- Saute the onion, garlic and peppers to desired doneness.
- Add curry, cayenne, soy sauce, stock and Fenugreek Sprouts and mix well.
- Simmer for 1 -2 minutes.
- Stir in liquid cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
- Serve over Rice.
Herb Sprout Snack
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Mix and Eat/Serve.
- You can mix the spices up and store for later use.
- If you use fresh spices/herbs store the mix in the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the Herb Mix on anything and everything - sprouted or not.
Curried Lentil Salad
- Chop veggies.
- Mix all ingredients (except tomato) together by tossing gently.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on top.